Friday, August 28, 2015

Dangerous Curves Ahead!

I never thought I would be one to rock the skinny pants (not skin-tight skinny, mind you).  Yet I find that when I wear my slim pants and a cute top and some wedges, I walk a little taller and maybe add a touch of sashay!

Crazy, right?  I strut my face off and feel good about my curves.  I haven't really lost any major lbs. lately, but I have been adding quite a bit of ab work to my routine and I am finding that even if my tummy isn't flat---  but it isn't getting in the way of my daily tasks, I am starting to feel good in my skin.  I haven't cracked the secret as to how to feel that way all the time-  when I do, I promise to share!

But in the meantime, I am going to stick to the plan.  Just do better every day.  And so far, it is helping!  It may not be whittling my waistline or toning my thighs at a breakneck speed, but it is reshaping my brain and I think that is the biggest barrier we all face in this world of stick figure models.  I will never be skinny and I don't really want to be.  I want to be healthy.  And hot.  I'd love to be hot!

Truthfully, it isn't every day I feel this way, but when I do, I have made a conscious decision to revel in it.  Sock it all in!  I am not going to love myself and my shape every day.  I know this.  But on the days that I do- LOOK OUT!  Oh yeah, that's me pretending walking up my driveway is the equivalent to walking a catwalk.  What of it??

No comments:

Post a Comment