Friday, April 27, 2012

The Real Hunger Games

I'm not sure if it's something that's going around... but most everyone I have talked to lately has had an insatiable appetite!  What is the deal?  Admittedly, I let me routine slide a bit.  But, I have been trying to get back into the habit of eating a healthy breakfast.  Normally, this is a real struggle for me, as I am rarely hungry in the mornings.  Well, that certainly isn't the problem any longer!  I'm hungry from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed!

Now, I try to make sure I am not eating all junk carbs or foods that are super fatty.  I eat a large apple or a breakfast bar with lots of fiber.  And I try to keep breakfast around 200 calories.  I never have a morning snack like some articles recommend, but today?  HAD to after my boss was looking at me all crazy as my stomach growled louder than the radio we have playing in the office.

I have tried that old myth, "drink more water; you are not hungry, not thirsty!"  Baloney!  I'm hungry, people!  Still, I try to drink as many fluids as I can to try to curb my appetite and my only reward seems to be trips to the little girls' room every hour on the hour.  Lucky me.

Am I the only one who feels like she's fighting a losing battle?  The more I work out, the more I want to eat.  The more I eat, the less I want to work out.  Have no fear- I'm not giving in that easily.  BUT I cannot help but feel a little discouraged!  All of this confusion has landed my slowly-improving, more-toned booty back on a plateau.

Do you have any suggestions on how to break loose?  Do I need to add more weight to my strength training? More reps?  Should I be varying what kind of cardio I am getting?  Now, that isn't easy when you go to a gym that doesn't offer any classes.  Right now I am looking to join my girlfriend every other week or so to Jazzercise the pounds away!  It worked for her- she looks incredible!  I am open to other suggestions too.


No comments:

Post a Comment