Wednesday, July 18, 2012

MANTRAS

I love the idea of having a weight loss, exercise, or dieting mantra.  I have been in search of one that will work for me and remind me of what I am working towards in my times of weakness.  In my search, I have turned up a few that I really love and I'd like to share .  They are not ranked in any order except for the first one listed.  I am adopting it to keep my world a little more in focus.

-- Don't give up what you want most for what you want in the moment.

-- Admire what you have accomplished and bask in it.  The rest will come in time.

-- Every step counts.

-- Don't quite before trying.

-- If it was easy, everyone would do it.

-- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

-- I am building the life I love.

-- Don't try- just do.

-- No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping the person laying on the couch.

-- Nothing changes is you change nothing.


All of them are good advice and I think I'll print them out and stick them to my fridge.  Or randomly on post-its all over my house.  And on the rearview mirror in my car.  And on my pantry.  You get the idea.

Do you have a mantra?  What works for you??

I do have one completely unrelated mantra that I have pasted to my desk to remind me of what life is about and that the only one responsible for me, is....  ME.  Words to live by:  "Make your own sunshine."

3 comments:

  1. These are just some of my favorite quotes:)

    - Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction.

    - Eat Clean, train dirty

    - If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up.

    - You can have results or excuses, not both.

    - A few months from now, you will have wish you started today

    - Abs are made in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop, take a deep breath and relax your shoulders, it's going to be ok... Be kind to yourself! Get out of bed, exercise and eat better. These are what I have as notes on my computer, the minute I open it they are there in the corner. Ever time I read the relax one it amazes me how close to my ears my shoulders always are... I carry all my tension and stress in my neck and shoulders. It works when I listen.... good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanila- I love the "abs are made in the kitchen." Good one to remember.

    Michelle- I think I will add the "Relax your shoulders" to post-its around my house and desk because it took that comment to realize that I was scrunched up myself! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete