Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Life gets in the way...

Working two jobs, going to school, maintaining and fixing a 102 year old house, writing a blog, spending time with family, cuddling my two dogs and boyfriend, trying to muster up the energy to have a social life...  that's my crazy life in a nutshell.

All of these things are seriously getting in the way of me trying to lose weight.  Fitting in exercise is not as easy as it sounds for most of us.  I am really trying to get to the gym three or four times a week, but right now it just isn't happening.  I have even started doing my readings and highlighting them while on the elliptical.  For those of you who haven't tried it- it ain't easy.  My fellow gym rats chuckle at me on a regular basis.

Take for instance THIS week.  It is midterm week. On top of the short answer/essay exam, I also have to study for a quiz.  For the same class.  Who has a professor who schedules two tests in one week??  This girl.  I have figured out that I have spent almost 18 hours studying this last week and I haven't even taken the damn exam yet.

The stress from all of this is also causing me to stress-eat and I am doing a mighty fine job of justifying it to myself.  Yes, I splurged on chicken nuggets from McDonald's.  They take me back to the good ol' days before the responsibilities of real grown-up life kicked in.

My solution to the time-crunch dilemma?  Suck it up.  Keep trying.  Things could be worse.  So off I go...  to finish working my 18-hour day.  To try and sneak in some sleep.  To drag my butt to the gym two more times this week.  I may not be losing tons of weight, but I'm keeping my head above water.  And right now, that's something to celebrate!


No comments:

Post a Comment